Follow these instructions to quickly add our iOS SDK into a sample application with ironSource set up as the main advertising mediation layer.
Before you get started…
- Supersonic is now called ironSource.
- You must have ironSource set up in your app before getting started with this tutorial. The Getting Started with the ironSource iOS SDK guide has step-by-step instructions.
- We’ll be using ironSource's pre-built adapters in this tutorial, which are listed in ironSource’s available iOS Ad Networks guide. We urge you to consult the Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Vungle Integration, maintained by ironSource.
- Once you have Vungle integrated, you will be presenting ads through the default ironSource instance in iOS using the
showRVmethod. Details on how to use rewarded video with ironSource are covered in ironSource’s Guide to Integrating Rewarded Video.
- If you haven't already done so, head over to our dashboard and add your app to your account. You need to do this so that you can get your App ID that you’ll be adding to your app with our SDK. It’s in red on your app’s page.
Now let's get started! Three steps will get us up and running:
1. Add Vungle to ironSource
- Once you are logged into ironSource, enable Vungle by navigating to the Video Mediation Network Setup section under Monetize, which is available in the top navigation bar.
Figure 1. ironSource Network Setup page
- After selecting Vungle, add all of the required fields for ironSource Mediation as shown in Figures 2 and 3 below: Reporting API Key, App ID, and Reporting API ID. All of these fields are available on the Vungle Dashboard.
Figure 2. Enter the Reporting API Key in the Account Settings page.
Figure 3. Enter the App ID and the Reporting API ID on the App Settings page.
2. Add the Vungle SDK
We’re going to follow all of the steps listed in our default Getting Started with Vungle (iOS) guide except for those dealing with actual code change. As we’ll be calling for ads from ironSource, we won’t need to directly interface with the Vungle SDK
3. Add the ironSource Vungle Adapter to your App
- Download the latest adapter from ironSource here.
- Drag and drop the extracted
SUVungleAdapter.frameworkinto your Xcode project.
And that’s it! With this integration complete, Vungle will be automatically added to the default ironSource waterfall rotation. All calls made to ironSource's
showRV method will now consider Vungle when displaying ads. To manually control the priority settings of integrated networks in ironSource, navigate to the Management page in the Video Mediation category on the ironSource dashboard.
Please check out the ironSource Knowledge Center for more information and support on the ironSource + Vungle integration!