In order to monetize your application with Vungle, you'll first need to add your application to our platform so that we can serve your users ads, make sure they don't see too many, enable you to limit the consumption of your user's data, and set up a way for you to know when they've viewed the entire ad. We'll cover that and more below.
1. Select "Add an Application" from your home screen table.
2. Enter your Application's required info.
- Platform (required) - Choosing Android, iOS, or Windows will help us choose the best ads to deliver to your end users. This is defaulted to iOS.
- Application Name (required) - Start typing the name of your application; if our system already recognizes it, the Search brings it up.
Don't worry if it isn't in the app store just yet (you can run it in "test mode" until it is live). If it is already in the app store, check My app is live on the app store. Selecting this option reveals an additional field (the App Store URL) right below.
- App Store URL (required for Active mode) - This field appears if your app is already live on the app store. Paste in the URL of your app's location in the store here. The URL is required if your app is to run in Active mode.
- Category (required) - The app category helps us deliver more appropriate ads for certain app types (i.e. Productivity related advertisements for Productivity applications).
- Type - Note whether your application is Free to download or must be purchased from the App Store. This helps us give you better advice on how to integrate our product and serve ads to your users.
- Orientation - The acceptable orientations for your application. This helps us deliver the best ad experience for your end users. While we will serve the best performing campaign usually, we'll also try to make sure that we serve portrait ads to portrait apps, and landscape ads to landscape apps.
3. Configure your Ad Customization settings.
The section that follows the required settings for app creation is the ad customization section. In this section, you can do things like set a frequency limit for how often a user sees an Ad, what type of ads users see, and more. This is what the section looks like:
Taking it from the top, these optional fields will let you do the following:
- Frequency Cap - Lets you set how many seconds of waiting time there are between ad views. This setting is perfect for interstitial ad placements, so that your user experiences enough app content before they see the next ad. You can control this via the Vungle dashboard.
- Force View - Force View Incentivized: Turn all the videos in the incentivized video placement to non-skippable. Force View: Turn all the videos in the non-incentivized video placement to non-skippable. You will need to set these two flags in your SDK code as well by:
- Enable or disable the incentivized flag in the SDK code
- On android, set this key in the AdConfig object to true/false: setIncentivized
- On iOS, set the following playAd option to YES/NO: VunglePlayAdOptionKeyIncentivized
4. Submit to save your work and select the app mode.
Click Submit at the bottom of the page. This saves your work, but your app is in Test Mode by default.
After you click Submit, you find yourself in the Application Details page, where you must set your app mode.
Under the Status heading, select one of three modes:
- Test Mode - This is the default mode. Use Test Mode if your app is not yet live in the app store and you want to send test ads to devices. Vungle can send an unlimited number of test ads. You do not earn revenue while your app is in Test Mode. You also cannot link it to any third-party services, such as mediation partners. It is common to see ad repetition in this mode as Vungle cycles through a limited set of ads to your users.
- Active - Make sure to set your application to Active if your app is live in the app store. It now shows ads to users and adheres your settings. Active mode is also required if you are using a mediation partner, such as Fyber: your app must be Active for you to link the third-party service.
- Inactive - Use inactive mode to still your app's activity with Vungle. In Inactive mode, your app stays in our system, but you cannot send either test or live ads in this mode, nor can you earn revenue.
When you've finished, you should receive confirmation that your App has been added to Vungle!
These instructions showed you how to add a new application to the Vungle Dashboard from start to finish. The only steps left are to make sure your SDK integration is successful, get and verify test ads, and then move to getting live ads.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.