Liftoff is partnering with MAX as a bidder in MAX In-App Bidding.
Before You Begin
To participate in Liftoff App Bidding, you must integrate:
- MAX SDK
- Liftoff Monetize SDK v6.8.1 or higher
Step 1. Begin by A/B Testing with MAX
We recommend that you leverage the MAX A/B testing functionality when joining Liftoff App Bidding with MAX. Use A/B testing to compare waterfall and app bidding performance to make the best choices for your monetization. Refer to the A/B Testing article to learn more.
Step 2. Set Up Liftoff Bidding in the MAX Dashboard
Always refer to MAX In-App Bidding documentation for publisher integration and guidelines. Sign in with your MAX account to access MAX documentation.
- Make sure you have already added Liftoff as a network in MAX mediation.
- In the MAX dashboard, locate your app and the ad unit(s) for which you want to enable app bidding.
- Under Liftoff Bidding, set Status to enabled, as shown below.
- Enter the Liftoff App ID and Placement Reference ID.
Step 3. Set Up App Bidding in the Liftoff Dashboard
These instructions assume that you already have a Liftoff app and placements created.
- Log into the Liftoff Monetize Dashboard and create new placements for app bidding. Do not use existing placements for app bidding. Set up one placement per supported ad format; for example, set one placement for interstitial and one for rewarded video. Note: The Liftoff banner and MREC ad formats will be supported for Advanced Bidding in the first half of 2021.
- Tell your Account Manager which placement(s) you want to use for app bidding.
Step 3. Integrate MAX Mediation with the Liftoff SDK
Access MAX documentation by signing in with your MAX account, and follow the instructions to integrate Liftoff with MAX Mediation: