Use the Advertiser Self-Serve Platform to add, edit, and manage your applications, campaigns, and creatives, as well as to view detailed campaign and creative reporting.
Whether you are creating a new account or have an existing one will determine your user experience.
- Start by logging in. New users click Sign Up.
- After logging in, you can select the Language for your interface in the header. We offer English, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Existing users enter the email that serves as your username, and your password. New users enter your correct credentials. (Not sure if you have an account or if you forgot your password? Click here.) If you are managed by someone on our Vungle team, please contact your account manager for help.
- Click Login.
Account Types: Pre-Pay vs Post-Pay
There are two different account types: pre-pay or post-pay. The type of account you have is defined by your account manager when you work together during onboarding, or is defined when you first sign up on https://vungle.com/signup/
If you have a pre-pay account, you can add funds by editing Available Funds and adding a payment option.
If you have a post-pay account, work with your account manager to set up the budget. You won't be able to edit it from the Advertiser Self-Serve Platform.
Using the account page, set up and edit your account with Vungle. The top of the My Account page show your current funds and spend.
To edit your account in the My Account page:
- Navigate to the My Account page by clicking on the menu in the top right corner of the platform and selecting My Account.
- Make sure to have all your account details filled, then click Save.
- If you have a pre-pay account, edit your Available Funds. Enter your payment information and click Process Payment.
- Search for the app you want to edit by name, or filter your apps by platform to narrow your search. On each application card, use the total campaigns & total creatives quick-links to view more in-depth information about your application.
- Begin by adding your application to your account.
- Click Add Application and select its operating system. We support iOS, Android, Amazon and Windows. Based on the platform, you will need to provide specific criteria to locate your live application in the particular store.
- Click Save.
- All subsequent screens are now more granular; you will be entering information at the campaign and creative levels going forward.
You cannot change the platform later
The group of Campaigns pages guide you through all the settings that define a campaign. These pages include Tracking, Targeting, Bidding, and Creatives. You fill them out when adding a new campaign or when editing an existing campaign. You can click Review from any page in the campaign flow as you work.
The main Campaigns page lists all your campaigns, their active dates, budgets, bids, and campaign types. You can learn the status of each campaign on this page as well: campaigns can be Active (serving ads) or Paused (not serving ads).
- When you open an existing campaign, the left panel displays checkmarks next to settings that are complete and blank circles next to those that you must still fill in.
- Hovering over a campaign name displays details about its status. If the campaign is Not Serving ads, you can view the reason(s) to later fix them.
- Clicking on a campaign takes you to edit pages where you can change the campaign’s settings.
You can navigate to your desired campaign in several ways:
- You can start at the Applications page, select the app to which your campaign belongs, and then select the campaign.
- You can start right at the Campaigns page, which lists all your campaigns regardless of app. To find your campaign, you can search by typing its name or filtering on attributes such as applications, platform, status, start and end dates, and bid types.
You can also add a new campaign from this screen by clicking Add Campaign. A new page then lets you either select the app to which the campaign will belong, or add a new app altogether.
- If you are defining a new app, the Platform guides you to the Campaigns page to create a campaign for your new app.
While setting up a campaign, you will need to provide MMP URLs to properly configure attribution. In the Tracking section of the Campaign builder, you will be able to edit these options.
- Select your appropriate network for your campaign.
- Based on the MMP provider, you will be asked to provide unique information related to your application (you can reach out to your tracking provider for more information). Enter the tracking URL you use to receive TPATs for click events, then add additional customizations. If you have a dedicated Vungle Account Manager, feel free to reach out to them for help.
- For view-through or impression tracking, select each event you want tracked in the Impressions and Events section, then enter the tracking URL for that event.
You can choose from Creative Start (when 0% of the video has been viewed), 1st Quartile (when 25% of the video has been viewed), Midpoint (when 50% of the video has been viewed), 3rd Quartile (when 75% of the video has played), and additional options.
Set up or edit your campaign targeting in this page. You can target countries, device types, connection types, and OS versions. You can also whitelist or blacklist select Publishers.
Limiting your targeting options severely reduces your available impressions.
We offer several targeting options.
- For Operating System, enter a range of release versions to target.
- To whitelist or blacklist one or more Publishers, enter the Publisher IDs separated by commas, spaces, or newlines. You can find Publisher IDs in the Platform Reporting section, or by using the Advertising Reporting API.
- Because whitelisting and blacklisting can have a serious impact on your campaign, we recommend that you first run a campaign without either.
Use the bidding page to set up or edit how your campaign operates.
- Enter the Bid Amount.
- Enter a Daily Budget for the campaign to set the maximum spend per day. Note that a Daily Budget is effectively a target, due to delays in conversion.
- Enter a Total Budget to set the maximum spend target for the entire campaign. The campaign will pause once the budget is exhausted.
- For campaigns that are already running, you’ll be able to use our Multi-Bidding feature
If you are in the campaign builder, you will most likely be adding new creatives. If you are looking through your existing creatives, your creative experience will be a little different.
The main Creatives page displays all the creatives you have defined so far. You can learn the status of each creative on this page as well; creatives can be Active (serving ads), Pending (under Vungle review), or Paused (not serving ads). If the creative is Not Serving ads, you can view the reason(s) to fix them later.
No creatives? Good news! We offer you the ability to create them using our builder.
The Creatives page is divided into panels to seamlessly create creatives to serve on our network.
- The bottom left panel displays various creative assets you have uploaded; these include videos and images.
- Drop the assets you want to use for a specific creative into the top left panel.
- The upper right panel is devoted to templates. Which templates are enabled depends on which assets you have dropped into the top left panel. Hover over a template to find out which assets it requires. Selecting a template completes the construction of your creative.
- You can now attach it to your campaign in the lower right panel.
Use the Reports pages to examine the performance of your campaigns and creatives. The main Reports page displays your total impressions, clicks, installs, and spend for the last seven days. Beneath it is a list of your apps and campaigns.
Above the metrics, you can select whether to view data for either campaigns or creatives. You can then view data for all your campaigns or creatives, or find a specific campaign or creative using the Search box. Select a date range and up to two metrics for your report.
For more Advertiser Self-Serve information, please refer to: